Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cockroach Chow Mein

I was strolling around Downtown L.A. today when I decided to grab some lunch with my friend at this Chinese restaurant that was recommended by my friend's coworker.

For a little over $4 I got a bowl with a lot of chow mein and some orange chicken. The place really looked like Panda Express, but it didn't charge nearly as much and I got more food, so I was pretty satisfied. But then I started eating some of the noodles and by the time I was about to shove my third fork down my throat I saw a baby cockroach in my chow mein. It was gray, it was dead (thank God), and it was really gross. The thought of the cockroach floating around in the noodles while it was being cooked made me hurl. Mentally anyway.

On the bright side, I suppose, I got my $4+ back from the extremely panic-stricken workers.

I really hope that was the only bug in my bowl of chow mein.

No comments:

Post a Comment