Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crunched to Sleep

In an attempt to complete a total of 500 crunches and 500 reverse crunches early this afternoon (a goal, which I might add, I have only set for myself once previously), I ended up falling asleep.

I felt I had accomplished a lot when I had completed 200 crunches and 100 reverse crunches. So I decided to shut my eyes for a minute.

Moments later I heard the phone intercom beeping frantically. My eight-year old cousin, who was downstairs watching Disney Channel, asked if I would boil her water for soba.

Upon setting a kettle of water on a flaming stove, I marched back upstairs and returned to performing the remaining 700 crunches/reverse crunches I had yet to complete.

I can only imagine how long my body would have been sprawled across the ground, sweating like a pig, had Andie not bugged me to boil water.

I remain baffled, and will likely remain as such for some time, as to how I managed to doze off while doing crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment