Saturday, August 8, 2009

"How Do You Usually Style Your Hair?"

I met up with Ann at the mall today. It was nice because we haven't seen each other in over a year. But that's besides the point.

We were debating about where to eat when some random civilian-looking guy came up to us and directed a question towards me: "How do you usually style your hair?"

I can't explain how incredibly lost I was. I was unusually stumped because I couldn't figure out how he generated such an out-of-nowhere question.

"I... usually tie it...?" I muttered, unsure of why I decided to answer the guy's pointless question.

Before he could try to make anymore small talk, I told him that Ann and I had to go.

"Why does everybody have to go today?" he responded instantly in a very adamant tone.

"I don't know..." I said, even more lost because he seemed so determined to market some unknown product.

"It's a Saturday, lots of things to see," Ann quickly improvised.

Then we walked away.

1 comment: