Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sick American Sales

I stopped by Staples with my family today because we saw an ad for one-cent packs of filler paper. I just knew there had to be some sort of catch, but I went with them anyway.

Turned out the limit for the filler paper was five packs per customer. Aside from that, the 120 sheets per pack cost a stunning one cent each.

I immediately dumped five packs of paper into the shopping cart once we got inside Staples. Most of the family was intent on taking advantage of the ridiculous pricing, so I had to line up two times to get the 10 packs of filler paper I wanted.

As I went back to the aisle with the filler paper to pile another five packs into my arms, I was thrilled to find out that Leina (who visited from Saipan for the summer) wasn't going to buy any filler paper. I asked her if she would line up for me, then handed her five packs of paper and a nickel.

The sight of the cashier ringing up five items and Leina placing a nickel on the counter to pay for the merchandise was pretty funny.

So I walked out of Staples with 1,800 sheets of filler paper for 15 cents.

1 comment:

  1. dammit woman where the hell am I whenever these sales come up??

    ReplyDelete